Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Acceptance

I have really been struggling lately with how I view my body.  I have fallen into what the media says we should look like and I feel like I am worthless because I do not look like a Victoria's Secret model.  How many real life women actually look like that???  I am a healthy size 6.  Why can't that be enough?  Why do I have to obsess all day about how I look.  This is one thing I have been really trying to overcome.  I want to eat right and exercise, but I don't want being skinnier to consume my life.  Will I really be happier if I were 2 sizes smaller?  Or would I find something else about myself I want to change based on what society says is beautiful?  What I really want is to accept myself for who I am, faults and all.  I want to look in the mirror and not obsess...wishing my waist was slimmer or my thighs were smaller.  God made me the way I am and I want to love myself the way he loves me.  Who cares if there is a little extra bulge around my waist when I sit down?  Does that make me less worthy?  I want to live life to the fullest and be happy.  I want to work at overcoming all of the things that hold me back in life.  First up...self acceptance. 

Lord, please help me to accept myself for who I am and help me to become all that you made me to be!

No comments: