Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Run for Our Sons




.

Yesterdays post was the unfortunate ugly truth of Duchenne muscular dystrophy.  It's 100% fatal.

While I have to face the ugly truths of this disease I will not let it bring me down.  I will fight every day for a treatment or a cure.  I hope to bring awareness and raise money to help fight and help find a cure.  I will not give up hope.

I have registered to run in the Little Rock Marathon this coming March to support "Run for Our Sons".  I am running for Austin and all of the other kids affected by this horrible disease.  Of course I am only running the 10k this time since I am nowhere near being able to run a full marathon but I hope to get there one day.  I have to do all I can for this little guy.

I will be setting up a donations page soon and I will post the link on here.  I hope you all will consider donating to the fight against Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.  All proceeds go to Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy.  They fund research and help kids travel to clinical trials.  They help families afford wheel chairs and do many other wonderful things.  Check out their website sometime.  There is a lot of good information.  http://www.parentprojectmd.org

I can't wait to cross that finish line and hug my little guy and know I'm making a difference for him. 


No comments: